Happy Birthday to this handsome dude!
This was a big year for Spence. He got potty trained and stopped sucking his thumb. It was all a matter of him deciding he was ready. Nothing we could do would convince him to either stop putting his thumb in his mouth or poop in the potty. As soon as he was ready, it took about 2 days and that was it.
Spencer loves superheros, cars, wild kratts and playing pretend. He can entertain himself quite well for a long period of time (which is good since Brooke is in school every day).
He loves Preschool and is one of the smartest kids in his class (as well as the biggest). He knows almost all his letters and can count to 29 without any help.
I got to go to school and eat lunch with him on his birthday. Since I didn't get a party thrown together, we gave the party favors to his classmates at school.
Then we had desserts galore with all his friends at the park that night. Spencer loves desserts as well as mac and cheese and tacos. Our neighbor made the cake- it was pirate themed just like his party favors.
For Halloween this year our family theme was
The Scooby Doo Gang
We had multiple opportunities to dress up (Spencer's school carnival, branch trunk or treat/chili cook off, friend Halloween party and of course Halloween night) so I only made them wear this when we dressed up as a family. The kids of course take their pick out of the dress up bucket for everything else.
I'm glad my kids take after me in loving to dress up for Halloween. Curtis is nice enough to go along with whatever I plan :-)
Another fun thing we did this year was under water pumpkin carving. Because of the bad weather, we had to do the carving in a reef which had terrible visibility. Still it was pretty fun to see the pumpkin insides float up as you scraped it out. I'm sure the fish loved it, but we couldn't actually see any. I hope this is a new tradition.


No comments:
Post a Comment